Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Former President Clinton's Shares His Thoughts On Congresswoman Johnson and Her Leadership



'Eddie Bernice Johnson is the sort of person that I think we need in positions of leadership in the country and in our party. She cares about healthcare. She cares about giving everybody a chance, but she also understands how to run the store. She's fiscally responsible. She is committed to the global economy. She wants America to run toward it, not away from it. She's taken a lot of tough votes to stick with me when I tried to modernize this economy. When even members of our own party thought I was wrong, she always stood with me - sometimes when it wasn't easy. And she understands that if you want to really help working people, you also have to help business, too.' former President Clinton said.

Clinton went on to say, 'So I think the country would work better if everybody believed that you could be pro business and pro labor, pro growth, and pro environment, pro civil rights and pro individual opportunity. I think the country would work better..... I am telling you, she is a great Member of Congress.'