Friday, May 5, 2017

Congresswoman Johnson's Statement On The Shooting Of Jordan Edwards


"I am deeply saddened to hear of the fatal shooting of Jordan Edwards."
"I offer my thoughts and prayers to the Edwards family and to the entire community, who all have suffered a painful loss."
"I have spoken with Dallas County Sheriff, Lupe Valdez and Dallas County District Attorney Faith Johnson regarding this incident. Both Sheriff Valdez and Judge Johnson said they have already started to conduct separate but fair, independent and thorough investigations in their own right. I will continue to receive details as their respective investigations unfold."

"It is also imperative that we aggressively pursue these two separate investigations to preserve the trust between law enforcement and the communities they serve." - Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson