Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Congresswoman Johnson On The Business Of Legislating Sensible Policy

"In my years of public service I have been able to accomplish many goals and objectives. Many of them have come about with the support of people who did not look like me, who did not believe what I believe and who were members of a different political party. We were able to work with one another and understand our differences because we respected each other, and had concern for the larger good. As a diverse nation we can move forward. I have always believed that the larger our tent, the greater the opportunities for all people. It is my hope that we can put the politics aside, and get down to the business of legislating sensible policy for the American people." - Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson