Monday, May 13, 2013

Congresswoman Johnson Honored By City Of Waco



The city of Waco and the Waco Independent School District honored Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson as one of its most outstanding citizens who attended Waco public schools.

Members of the Waco business community, school administrators, teachers and residents presented Congresswoman Johnson with a plaque acknowledging her as a “distinguished alumni” of the school system at a luncheon attended by approximately two hundred people.

Congresswoman Johnson graduated from Moore High School with honors.  After graduating, she left Waco to study nursing at St. Mary’s College in South Bend, Indiana.

“I had a strong academic foundation at Moore,” said Congresswoman Johnson.  “My teachers prepared me for the future, and the lessons I learned helped me excel in my professional career.”  Bonny Cain, the superintendent of Waco ISD, said “We are honored to recognize Congresswoman Johnson for her many achievements. We are proud that she is a graduate of Waco ISD.”