Thursday, January 3, 2013

Congresswoman Johnson Is Sworn In To 11th Term In The United States Congress


Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson was sworn-in to her eleventh term as the Representative of Texas’ 30th Congressional District on January 3, 2013.

“I am honored and humbled by the trust placed in me by the people of the 30th Congressional District. I will work diligently for my constituents, and ensure that we are moving forward as a district and as a Nation.  We must ultimately find a way to prevent further economic crisis, and to continue to strengthen our middle class.  I hope all of my colleagues and the Leadership will continue to work on these issues, and that the legislative policies forthcoming in the 113th Congress ultimately reflect solid bipartisan collaboration.” - Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson