Monday, October 31, 2011

Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson Announces 2012 Re-Election Bid



On Friday October 28, 2011 Congresswoman announced her candidacy for re-election to the U.S. House of Representatives, 30th Congressional District of Texas.


Speaking to a capacity crowd at Southwest Center Mall, Congresswoman Johnson commented, 'I've received requests from all over District 30 and I am pleased to comply with those requests, I am eager to continue working hard and to get results for the residents of the 30th Congressional District."



Congresswoman Johnson went on to say, "I am running on my record, which can be seen all over North Texas. From the Trinity River Project, which will provide flood protection to Dallas residents and businesses, to the expansion of the DART rail system which has connected the people of our city, to the Woodwall Rogers Deck Park, to the trolley and streetcar systems, to the renovations at Love Field and DFW Airport... I have worked tirelessly to help make Dallas the world class city I believe it is."




Speakers supporting Congresswoman Johnson's announcement included Reverend James Parker, Councilmember Tennell Atkins, Councilmember Pauline Medrano, Councilmember Vonciel Jones Hill, Michael Gonzales, Dr. Charles Ku, Mr. William Tsao, Dr. Tillmann Hein, and Bernice Washington.